Inc.’s description of Tampa — as “booming with small business spirit” — are among the reasons Google Fiber is considering bringing superfast Internet service to Tampa and why Brookings Institution Vice President Bruce Katz is here to learn more about the Tampa Innovation Alliance, which wants to transform the area around University of South Florida into an innovation district that will create and attract investors, corporations with high-wage jobs and an educated workforce.
Inc.’s No. 1 fastest-growing Tampa private business is Physicians Toxicology Laboratory, headed by Ryan Lund. The company grew sales 4,415 percent between fiscal years 2011 and 2014, with $9 million in revenue last year. The company added 24 jobs in the three-year period, and now has 37 employees. It ranked No. 59 on the Inc. 5000 list.
Nitro Mobile Solutions comes in at No. 2, with 1,797 percent growth in three years, and $2.2 million in 2014 revenue. Nitro Mobile is an enterprise software developer led by CEO Pete Slade. The company was one of the Tampa Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work this year.
Here are the remaining eight companies:
3. USA Staffing Services: Provides payroll funding and back-office bookkeeping. $3.3 million in 2014 revenue. CEO Matthew Kolinski.
4. Cabinets.com: E-commerce retailer, sells discounted wooden cabinets. $7.9 million in 2014 sales. CEO Chris Larson.
5. Stress Free Property Management: Helps residential clients with property management services. $15.7 million in 2014 sales. CEO Chris Mercer.
6. Beneficial Blends: Distributes organic brand of coconut oil. $2.4 million in 2014 sales. Founder and “chief coconut” Erin Meagher was a TBBJ Up & Comer in 2014.
7. Harmony Healthcare: Provides temporary staff for health care businesses. $17.9 million in 2014 sales. Founder and CEO Christopher Brown was featured in Executive Files earlier this year.
8. Re/MAX Dynamic — The Duncan Duo & Associates: Commercial and residential real estate firm. $3.6 million in 2014 sales. Owners Andrew and Angela Duncan; Andrew Duncan is CEO.
9. MedHOK: Provides software services to health care organizations. $24.5 million in 2014 sales. CEO Anil Kottoor.
10. SRI Tech Solutions: IT staffing firm. $4.8 million in 2014 revenue. CEO Hari Thorta.
Margie Manning is Finance Editor of the Tampa Bay Business Journal. She covers the Money beat.